Terms & Conditions
- A Southwest® gift card is non-refundable.
- A Southwest gift card has no expiration date.
- A Southwest gift card is fully transferrable.
- A Southwest gift card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- A Southwest gift card is VOID if altered or obtained fraudulently.
- A Southwest gift card has no value until activated. It is activated after payment clears.
- A Southwest gift card is not a credit or debit card and has no implied warranties.
- Southwest Airlines® reserves the right, and holder or purchaser of the card agrees, that Southwest Airlines may at any time change the terms of the program or contract with another third party to administer the Southwest gift card program.
- A Southwest gift card may not be resold by any unlicensed vendor under penalty of law; unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
Purchasing a Southwest gift card
- A Southwest gift card can be purchased at southwest.com® with a credit card, by completing the online order form and following the directions provided, or by calling 1-800-435-9792 (1-800-I-FLY-SWA®). A Southwest gift card can also be purchased at approved retail locations.
- Corporate Customers requesting Southwest gift cards for purchase exceeding $1,000 limit available at southwest.com can purchase Southwest gift cards by completing the Southwest gift card order form.
- There is a $1,000 maximum purchase per credit card per day at southwest.com.
- Orders for Southwest gift cards over $2,000 are not permitted by individuals. Orders for Southwest gift cards for corporate/business use have an unlimited threshold. For questions, contact GCBulkOrder-DG@wnco.com.
- Only forms of payment with billing addresses in the United States are eligible for Southwest gift card purchases.
Delivery of a Southwest gift card
The following additional rules and regulations apply to cards delivered via USPS, FedEx, or delivered electronically via email:
- A Southwest gift card can ship via standard USPS for $2.95 and usually arrive within 4-7 business days.
- A Southwest gift card can ship via Federal Express Standard Overnight delivery for a $9.95 fee. Southwest gift cards requested after 12:00 pm CT will be processed the next business day (no Saturday delivery.) Federal Express will not ship to P.O. boxes.
- For Southwest gift card orders of $500 or over we will ship via Federal Express Standard Overnight, delivery free of charge.
- A Southwest gift card cannot be shipped internationally or to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- Southwest Airlines is not responsible for Southwest gift cards that are undeliverable or not received due to inaccurate delivery information, including physical and email addresses.
- Delivery to an incorrect but deliverable address as provided by the purchaser is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Redeeming your Southwest gift card
- A Southwest gift card can be used for Passenger travel only on Southwest Airlines, excluding Southwest Airlines group tickets.
- A Southwest gift card may only be redeemed at southwest.com, on the Southwest Airlines Mobile Apps and Mobile Website (only for initial flight booking), by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), or at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations.
- A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In®, oversized and excess baggage fees, upgraded boarding at the airport, Pet Fare, unaccompanied minor service charge, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases. Sales tax, security fees, and Passenger facilities charges may be paid for with a Southwest gift card.
- Each purchase is deducted from the balance of the Southwest gift card. The balance will remain on the Southwest gift card until it is decreased to zero, at which time the card will be deactivated.
- You can combine up to three payment methods to pay for your purchase. Choose from the following combinations:
- Southwest gift cards – A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per Passenger on each reservation. If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Southwest gift cards, you will only be allowed to use two Southwest gift cards and another form of payment will be required for the difference.
- Held Funds – A maximum of three Held Funds tickets can be applied per Passenger on each reservation. If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Held Funds tickets, you will only be allowed to use two Held Funds tickets and another form of payment will be required for the difference.
- Southwest LUV Vouchers - A maximum of two Southwest LUV Vouchers can be applied per passenger on each reservation. Another form of payment will be required to pay for taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges associated with each reservation.
- Credit Card – Only one credit card, including, without limitation, PayPal, can be applied per reservation.
- A Southwest gift card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, check, or credit except where required by federal or applicable state law.
- A Southwest gift card cannot be redeemed through a travel agency.
- A Southwest gift card redeemed for travel is not refundable. If travel is not taken, the funds will be held as a flight credit. If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking and all or part of the reservation was paid using a Southwest gift card, please visit our Refunds page for more information.